I Love New York for Him by Bond No.9

Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Ginger.
Geranium, Patchouli, Leather.
Sandalwood, Labdanum, Musk, Amber.

It's been a while since I reviewed a fragrance that underwhelmed me as much as this. Part of the problem is the price point. I Love New York for Him is a generic mish mash that truly should be gracing the shelves of TJMAXX or, at best, our local Dillard's for designer prices.

The grapefruit and ginger try too hard to lend an effervescence that falls short. It's these 2 culprits in cahoots with a garden variety musk that cheapens this fragrance. It makes me think of an unsuccessful designer that's been relegated to the bargain bins. This, along with the House of Bond releasing a slew of scents, is a recipe for mediocrity.

Once I Love New York for Him has settled somewhat, it does improve enough for me to tolerate it, but I admit to not liking this scent at all. If I were to be given this free of charge, it would, more than likely, sit unused in my wardrobe cabinet until it evaporated from age.

Even the wood component embodies a chemical quality that is simply not up to the task. The Geranium and earth tones do nothing to salvage the transition and it makes me wonder what Bond No.9 was thinking about releasing this. ( other than $$$ ).

I tried to hold out some hope that the base and drydown would come to some sort of rescue. That, like every other part of this fragrance, was a letdown. I'm a fan of Sandalwood and Labdanum, but the tuning used here is too little too late. Suffice it to say that from start to finish, I Love New York for Him is an exercise in futility for me.

My advice to all those sincerely curious about this scent is to sample it. I did and couldn't respect anything about it. You however may find something redeeming about it or even enjoy it. This is, after all, a very subjective affair and I have discovered that I loved a few that others ( whom I respect ) absolutely despised.

Sillage is average and longevity is approximately 4 to 5 hours on my skin ( unfortunately ). I have no choice but to give I Love New York for Him a no holds barred thumbs down. It smells cheap, wears just as cheap and it does so because no thought other than turning yet another buck went into this.

Comments

  1. Ouch. I have yet to sample and of the Bond NY line. They do seem prolific in continually coming up with new releases though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. There's Bond's I like and I have a bottle of Bleecker Street in my collection. This one however is extremely subpar.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited