Sensual Amber by Bath and Body Works

Bergamot, Berries, Plum.
Rose, Orange, Lotus, Iris.
Amber, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Patchouli, Praline, Musk.

Sensual Amber leans too far feminine for my tastes, although I am a fan of amber fragrances. It also isn't a conventional implementation of amber as I've become accustomed to, but the totality is still pleasant enough.

Sensual Amber is a fruity-floral woody that, for the price point, is actually a good deal and especially so if you are a fan of Bath and Body Works to begin with. The progression of the fragrance eventually unveils a synthetic version of sweet amber, but it took a little doing ( on my skin ) to reach that destination.

The citric-fruit opening is candied and within a few minutes, it reminds me of a nectar-like jam. During the opening and heart accords, I swore I was getting whiffs of tuberose. I guess I can chalk that up to the ratios used in utilizing the other floral ingredients along with praline. It never morphs into a nutty quality on me, but there is a grainy aspect to it.

After 20 minutes or so, Sensual Amber settles down and eases its grip on the confectionery throttle just enough to reveal the pleasant van-amber accord that is at the heart of this fragrance. I don't realize sandalwood in this composition, but the amber rendition supplies what wood component is necessary to keep this anchored. Once the window dressing has been pulled away, the spotlight is directed toward Vanilla and Amber. They, in turn, are eventually complimented with a soft musk. These three bring Sensual Amber to the finish line.

As of late, I have been getting around to trying numerous Bath and Body Works creations. Like any house, there is good, bad and a lot of in between fragrances readily available. For the most part, I'm impressed with the ones I have tried and also purchased a few. The price point, alongside the product, is definitely a plus. Also, let's not forget to mention that you can easily sample everything they have in the store as they encourage you to do so.

Sillage is very acceptable and longevity is easily 6 hours on me and I'm being conservative. Thumbs up from Aromi for Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited