Clinique Happy

Mandarin, Apple, Bergamot, Orange, Grapefruit.
Freesia, Muguet, Rose, Orchid.
Amber, Musk, White Lily, Magnolia, Mimosa.

Having worn Happy by Clinique, when opportunity arose, over the last few weeks, has seen me gradually being won over. I can't say I love it because that would be an outright lie. I have however grown to like it.

At least in my wearings, Happy has exhibited Citrus and Lily with an undercurrent of Anise. There's a soft green quality in the mix that's just sweet enough to be enjoyable and a little different. I understand that Anise is not listed in the accords, but I can smell it intermittently when nose is to skin.

The opening is an alcoholic blast that subsides into an unraveling citric accord. Hints of grapefruit try to bleed through the dominant orange rendition. This is a subtler rendition of orange than say masculine fragrances that showcase this note up front. It's a lucid and feminine introduction once the alcohol settles down.

After a few minutes, Happy gently unfolds to reveal what I can only describe as sweetened pear accented with licorice. This must be what is listed as Apple, but no matter. It's my favorite tandem of notes in the transitions. The "fruit" rendition doesn't last too long, but the Anise quality remains. This fading "pear" is smoothly replaced by Lily and Freesia. The totality of floral notes implemented here relinquish the sweetish green quality already mentioned. Some reviewers have mentioned "rubber" from this blending, yet I seem to realize an off-beat leather from it. It's not strong, annoying or distracting. It's simply there.


For me, this fragrance would have been more aptly named as "Pleasant". This is an enjoyable and lighthearted scent that can be had for peanuts. It's also a nice choice for daytime wear in the spring and summer months.

Sillage is moderate and longevity is approximately 4 hours on my skin. Happy slowly fades into a floral, musky glow still accented by a licorice quality. Thumbs up from Aromi for Happy by Clinique.

Comments

  1. Having worn Happy by Clinique, when opportunity arose, over the last few weeks, has seen me gradually being won over. I can't say I love it ... 1cliniquehappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited