Pleasures by Estee Lauder

Pink Pepper, Green Notes, Freesia, Violet, Pink Berries, Tuberose.
White Lily, Peony, Muguet, Baie Rose, Black Lilac, Karo-Karounde, Geranium, Jasmine.
Sandalwood, Patchouli, Cedar, Musk.

One of the things I noticed after wearing Pleasures a few times is that, as sheer as it opens and eventually develops, it possesses more presence than one realizes. It's clean and slightly green with an herbal aspect that lingers throughout the life of the scent. I asked Mrs. Aromi what she thought of it. She immediately replied laundry detergent and cotton balls. All rightttttttyyyyyyy then........

Unlike my better half, I perceive a completely different aroma, but I will say that I understand hers. She has an extremely simplistic approach when smelling scent and I do not mean that in a derogatory way. As I continued smelling Pleasures after she gave her brief opinion, this aroma would actually make a very good residual scent for a detergent or softener.

The Pink Pepper and Freesia in the opening is bright, clear and immediately accented by a green, stem like quality. There's an herbal aspect in the mix as well as berry. It doesn't take a minute to realize that Pleasures for Women does, in fact, lean very feminine. Once Pleasures transitions to the heart accord, the lucid opening subsides some to expose a slowly developing Jasmine mingled with Geranium and spice. Lily makes an appearance as well and the floral bouquet smells fairly balanced to me. The totality of both top and heart equals clean and rather easy to wear. It's here where Pleasures shows her versatility.

Pleasures center of gravity is in its heart. At least on me, the heart accord keeps pumping out its floral array way longer than I ever expected. On the flip side, this comes at the expense of a rather unimpressive base implementation. I had hoped for a woody outro that was accented with a sensual quality, however that never comes to fruition in any of my wearings.

That aside, Pleasures has surprising longevity for a fragrance that feels "light and clean". The projection is average, but the skin scent lasts an impressive amount of time. Even in extended drydown, Pleasures still exhibits its floral heart with a green undercurrent.

I wear numerous scents marketed for women because they are not "overtly" feminine. They split the gender barrier rather easily, but Pleasures for Woman leans a few notches too far for me to wear comfortably. Still, I give it a thumbs up because it really deserves it and as always, a sample wear is recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited