Red Door by Elizabeth Arden

Plum, Peach, Anise, Orange Blossom, Rose, Violet.
Tuberose, Ylang Ylang, Carnation, Honey, Orchid, Jasmine, Muguet, Freesia, Wild Lily, Rose.
Heliotrope, Benzoin, Cedar, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Amber, Musk.

Depending upon how much someone applies this and at what stage of development you happen to encounter Red Door, it can either come across as crass and slightly overbearing or an extremely clean and penetrating feminine. I say that because I have smelled this over the years on various women. On some of them I enjoy it immensely and on others.......well........not so much.

There is one particular co-worker of mine who wears this exclusively. For whatever reason, it smells completely different on her than it does me ( as I sample it ) or others who I know wear it. On her, the sillage is perfect and the aroma is akin to a rendition of soapy lavender. It smells nothing like that on me however. She has told me she will mist herself twice and call it good. The only times I have smelled it on her however is after she has been wearing it for over an hour. Perhaps I wouldn't like it so much on her immediately after application......or maybe I would. All I know is that the base and drydown perform well on her and it is her signature scent.

Red Door opens with a strong surge of citric fruit. The Blossom anchors this cacophony and in no time, an assertive floral array inserts itself into the accord. It's a heady brew for sure and if applied too heavily, it's cloying and overwhelming. Sprayed with a deft touch however, proves to be a successful tactic.

Once Red Door settles a bit, the Tuberose and Jasmine are well executed. These two are the soul of this fragrance on my skin. There are numerous notes constituting the accords, but in my wearings I've found everything centered around these two and the rest being relegated as assistance and accent notes.

Lightly applied, Red Door is better than the reviews give it credit for. Sillage is very good and longevity is 6 hours plus. I don't love it, but it deserves a thumbs up regardless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited