Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden

Lemon, Rosewood, Orange Blossom, Mandarin, Bergamot, Melon, Peach.
Cyclamen, Rose, Jasmine, Osmanthus, Orris Root.
Cedar, Musk, Amber, Moss, Sandalwood.

Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden is a bit difficult for me to really get a bead on. I've worn it numerous times in sample wearings and each time I walk away somewhat indifferent. On the flip side, Sunflowers is a light and easy wear that smells pleasant. I guess it boils down to me finding it unremarkable, yet there's nothing wrong with the scent whatsoever.

Sunflowers opens with a bright and shimmery citrus that immediately reveals earthy undertones. The Orange Blossom is tuned in such a way that it doesn't permeate the entire accord, but rather plays off the floral accord. As soon as the opening subsides, Sunflowers shifts into polite mode and tempers its volume and throw.

The blending is surprisingly good for a bargain fragrance. I really do experience hints of fruit, flowers and the suggestion of soil. There's violet woven into this fabric, but it too is downplayed and there to simply augment the scent as a whole.

The base and drydown is a continuation of soft citrus, floral notes and the onset of wood and moss. Neither is loud, but the sandal is a bit more prominent on my skin. The low sillage is actually an asset for summer wear, but the longevity is only a few hours on me before reapplication is necessary. All in all, Sunflowers is an ordinary but very comfortable ( and wearable ) fragrance. Normally I'd rate this with a neutral, but Sunflowers is a bit better than that. Thumbs up with the recommendation to sample first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited