Tomorrow for Him by Avon

Citrus, Licorice.
Star Anise, Cocoa, Violet.
Patchouli, Sandal, Cedar, Agarwood.

I originally reviewed this about 3 years ago, but I cannot account for where I placed it. I was going to revise it, but now cannot find my original opinion. The only thing I recall about the review was that I liked it in spite of it being an Avon product.

That has not changed. As a matter of fact, it would be safe to say I regard it higher than I did previously. I have been periodically wearing it over the years and have grown to respect it more. As far as I can tell, Barbara Zoebeleuvin was the perfumer and she did a very respectable job.

 Tomorrow for Him opens with a substantial and dense accord consisting of Anise, Cocoa and Patchouli. The assist lent from a bit of Citrus and Violet is a positive one. They add a vibrancy to what would normally be a gritty gourmand introduction. Even with those two notes accenting, the opening is still thick, sweet and borderline edible. The standout notes, for me at least, are the dry mocha and licorice. Others may experience something a little different and that's what's terrific about this hobby. The sweet quality inherent in Tomorrow for Him isn't over the top. It stops short of that and hovers in that "enjoyable zone".
I recall owning this and Michael Kors for Men at the same time. I found commonalities in both, but I remember preferring Tomorrow over Kors. Both are good, but as a personal preference, the Avon was the more enjoyable of the two for me. I experienced a "sweaty" quality in Kors I didn't exactly care for after numerous wears.

The base and drydown of Tomorrow isn't dramatic or transitionary. The Licorice, Patchouli and Cocoa remain evident but at a lower presence. The woody base is on the subtle side and seems content to fill out the accord as opposed to seeking attention.

Sillage is good and longevity is approximately 5 hours on my skin. Thumbs up from Aromi for Avon's economical masculine going by the name of Tomorrow for Him. As always, a sample wear is recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited