Wings by Giorgio Beverly Hills

Passion Flower, Green Osmanthus, Gardenia, Calendula, Blue Rose, Tiger Lily.
Heliotrope, Cyclamen, Jasmine, Lilac, Orchid.
Amber, Musk, Sandalwood, Cedar.

I'm not quite sure why I like the bitterness of Marigold. "Bite" may not be the best word to describe what that note does for me, but Marigold always has an edge when I smell it. I own an old school masculine ( M de Morabito )  that has an obvious Marigold implementation. It's off putting and fascinating at the same time. At the very least, it keeps me sniffing away when I choose to wear it.

Wings ( at least on my skin ) is a floral fest with a slew of notes jostling for attention. It has commendable blending for such a bargain fragrance, yet it is an extroverted scent by today's sensibilities. I've tried applying different amounts and have found when I over indulge by even a little, Wings is somewhat obnoxious and screechy. A deft touch however produces an enjoyable wearing.

This is a floral woody with an emphasis on flowers. It isn't until extended drydown that I realize a very nice base accord. So, throughout most of the accords and transitions, this feminine regales the wearer with Jasmine, Marigold and an array of warm, blended floral notes that exhibit jammy, berry and subtle herb qualities. The "feel" is from the past, but again, that's not always a negative. I try not to confuse classic with "dated" since they aren't always one in the same. Wings doesn't come off as passe to me.


I can't help but feel that this fragrance would be a decent introduction to the floral world for new hobbyists. It's a solid scent and a very economical representative of the genre. It never was groundbreaking and it never will be, but lightly applied, it proves to be a pleasant wear and inoffensive.

The times I've sample worn this, I have found the drydown to be different than expected and rather good. Not exactly "woody" in the conventional and masculine sense, it implies woodiness and the amber is slightly sweet with subtle resin.

Wings is one of the available cheapies that actually has some merit. No, I don't think it's terrific, but it doesn't suck like some of the opinions I've perused. Sillage is good and longevity is approximately 6 hours on me. A neutral rating from Aromi with positive attibutes for Giorgio's Wings for Women.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited