Ferrari Essence Oud by Ferrari

Agarwood, Cumin, Saffron, Rose, Elemi Resin, Labdanum, Leather.

Curious about this scent, I decided to pick up a 10ml. mini very recently. I'd been meaning to for some time now and am happy to have the opportunity to wear and review this release. Even in the case of being disappointed, a blind buy for this quantity isn't life altering. I'm glad to report that, while I don't love it, I do like it. The drydown is especially good due to the inclusion of Labdanum. What's starts out edgy from Cumin lands softly with a sweet, resiny amber.

The opening of Ferrari is interesting. The Agarwood is accented by Cumin and Saffron and a leather quality is lurking underneath from the onset. This introduction has substance as you would expect, but it's not as pungent as others in the genre.

This really is a westernized rendition of a grouping of notes that gives some a difficult time. Between the bombardment of Oud fragrances hitting the market the past few years and ingrained western tastes, Ferrari may well be receiving a lukewarm reception for their version of Oud. I could be wrong about that, but it's an educated guess on my part.

Personally, I like this oud rendition more than the majority I have sampled, as it is toned down a notch or two without coming off as thin or convoluted. I especially enjoy the base and drydown.

Ferrari Essence Oud begins with a certain amount of aggression. There's woody masculinity and some animalistic traits compliments of Cumin and Leather. Essence Oud is then steered toward a more shared destination. Rose, Saffron and especially the resiny Labdanum provide a glimpse at some unexpected versatility.

Sillage is very nice and longevity is around the 8 hour mark on me. It's also easily detected the next morning. Thumbs up from Aromi for Ferrari's Essence Oud. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited