Montale Sandal Sliver

Citrus, Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Rose, Sandalwood, Musk.

Sampling Montale's Sandal Sliver gave me an instant feeling of deja vu. This is a retro, feminine floral that I have smelled before, but for the life of me, I cannot remember what fragrance or exactly when and where.

The listed accords are spotty at best, but close enough. What I do smell by the heart accord onward is reminiscent of Tuberose and it seems Sandal Sliver's core is all floral with a few subtle accents. Make no mistake about there being a woodiness present because there is. It's simply trumped by the floral array and citrus.

Sandal Sliver is something I would enjoy smelling on the feminine persuasion. It's simple but substantial and possesses enough body to be taken as a serious fragrance. It also smells nothing like I imagined before purchase and it seems very different from the other Montale offerings I have tried.

I especially enjoyed the opening blast of Citrus, Blossom and Jasmine. It embodied sheer and full qualities at once. The woody base is understated, but without it, this fragrance would be an anemic, floral bore. Luckily, Sandal Sliver is tuned to prevent that from transpiring.

There's a spicy, gritty quality to this scent that I like. I don't love this fragrance, but I refuse to denigrate it because it's different and linear. It may be to the liking of those that have found the conventional Montale's to be a bit much and redundant. Sillage is acceptable and longevity is 6 hours plus on my skin. A Positive-Neutral rating from Aromi for whoever it actually is creating these perfumes under the Montale name. The real nose for this "House" is anyone's guess. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited