Vikt by Slumberhouse

Oud, Styrax, Ravensara.

I found the listed accords on a site other than Slumberhouse as I have a difficult time navigating there. I've also read numerous opinions of this release and was curious to see if my perception jived with what my peers think of this scent.

Vikt is an interesting creation and after wearing it a few times, I can see why some enjoy it while others do not. It's assertive, dense and polarizing. Vikt is also a linear wear on me, but that's usually not a drawback with other fragrances and it's not a negative here either. Other small, niche houses that use similar materials have this quality and the full bodied nature inherent in Vikt makes up for any lack of " conventional transitions". In the end, all that matters is if what you're wearing smells good and makes you happy.

On my skin, Vikt embodies Resin, Mineral, Smoke, Woods and what I perceive as a subtle floral decay. All together, they possess a semi-arid quality that's fairly substantial.

To my sensibilities, this is a masculine fragrance, but as we all know, anyone can wear anything. I think it would perform better on the masculine persuasion, but that's one man's opinion. What I smell upon application is what thrives throughout the life of the wearings. The blending is also well done, exhibiting a nice balance of notes.
The mineral quality I experience is subtle and acts more like an accent than a "live" note. I find it very complimentary to the composition. Vikt also retains a full bodied aspect even after its presence and sillage dissipate.

This is the first Slumberhouse release I have had opportunity to sample and I chose Vikt after reading reviews and deducing that there would be a good chance I'd like it. Sillage is good and longevity is 8 hours on my skin. It can be easily detected the next morning. Thumbs up from Aromi for Vikt by Slumberhouse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited