Carthusia Lady by Carthusia

Bergamot, Cyclamen, Ylang Ylang, Iris, Jasmine, Muguet, Peach, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk.

Carthusia Lady is just that. To me, it's a well made feminine floral with enough edginess to offset the floral array, resulting in an interesting fragrance. I'll admit to this one smelling similar to some of the classic chypres, but it has a contemporary feel to it and also possesses a freshness I like. I can picture an attractive woman in white summer silk walking by and allowing me to catch a whiff of this on the breeze a moment later.


Carthusia Lady opens with a mild citrus and a Peach-Jasmine duo. It's a refreshing accord that balances lucidity and substance. There's a mild stem-like accent in the mix that compliments the opening nicely.

Carthusia Lady ( on my skin at least ) has 2 transitions. The opening lasts a good while and finally evolves into the base and drydown after 30 minutes or so. I kept thinking there was a subtle amber in the finish and maybe it's attributable to the musky wood in the base. I seem to experience a mildly sweet resin that's very nice.

Overall, Carthusia Lady is on the polite side where volume and presence are concerned. Polite does not insinuate weak in this case. Well mannered may be a more accurate term. Sillage is average with longevity approximately 4 hours on my skin. Thumbs up from Aromi for Carthusia's alluring Carthusia Lady. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited