Prelude to Love by Kilian

Orange, Bergamot, Lemon, Ginger, Pepper, Orange Blossom, Iris.

I'm beginning to think I'm the wrong person to review this house. Even when I find a Kilian release I like, it's not "love" and the prices simply aren't justifiable to me. Others go on and on about how terrific this Kilian is or how great that one is. As for me, I suppose I just don't get it and my reviews of this house should be taken with a grain of salt, in spite of my attempts at honesty.

I will say that I always smell what I perceive as something well made. That never seems to be lacking with Kilian releases. I have a difficult time coming across one that rocks my world and at these prices, that's what I expect. It's like sitting yourself in a new Corvette and finding out that it just doesn't do it for you like you thought it would.

Prelude to Love, on my skin, is basically a rich and long winded citrus with a twist. The Iris supplies the accent and it's reminiscent of wax-like fruit and a hard to discern floral component. I surely don't perceive violet, but I experience the suggestion of some type of flower that I cannot pinpoint. Muddy perhaps, but still there nonetheless.

The spices in Prelude to Love are subtle and must be searched for close to the skin. The opening volley of citrus and Iris morph into Blossom-Iris and then seem to call it a day. It's an uncomplicated process and while the accord remains full and rich, I have other citrus dominant fragrances at less than half the price that I would reach for before this. Prelude to Love is a tad monotonous and I quickly become disinterested during my wearings.

Sillage is good and longevity is approximately 6 hours on my skin. I can barely muster a neutral rating for this creation since I find it uninteresting and severely overpriced. A sample wear is highly recommended in lieu of a blind purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited