Vanilla Marble by Agonist

Vanilla, Almond, Tiare, Orchid, Fig, Amber, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Benzoin.

If you happen to like your vanilla accented heavily with almond, then this one is for you. Vanilla Marble opens with a sweet and heavy vanilla and almond duo. The almond used here also has accents of coconut, further perpetuating the sweet quality that is inherent in this fragrance.

Vanilla Marble is more or less a linear scent and with dominant notes of Vanilla and Almond, that's no surprise. They permeate every aspect of the wearings, but I will say that the overall aroma gives the impression of a well made creation. That's the upside. The drawback is that Vanilla Marble really doesn't set itself apart from others I've sampled featuring similar notes. Once again, it boils down to price point and an individual's willingness to dig deep for a niche acquisition.

After numerous wearings, I admit to experiencing the Vanilla and Almond, but not much else. I was hoping for a resinous amber to kick in and a nice rendition of Sandalwood as well, but it wasn't to be. I'm not claiming they aren't in the mix, but their tuning is way too low for me to appreciate.

Also missing in action are the other listed notes, so more than likely, my wearings produced fatigue from the dominance of Vanilla and Almond. The fragrance is full and rich however, so lovers of these 2 notes should have no problem enjoying this.

Sillage is good and longevity is 6 hours ( give or take ) on my skin. I cannot muster more than a neutral rating for this scent because of what it doesn't do and the price. Perhaps others will experience more versatility than I, but since numerous attempts produced only Vanilla and Almond for me, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited