Cassis Rose by The Body Shop

Raspberry, Blackcurrant, Rose, Freesia, Violet, Musk, Sandalwood, Cedar.

Cassis Rose is an interestingly dry, fruity floral that becomes easier to wear with each additional application. My initial sampling gave me the impression of a rather stark, green hued rose. Subsequent wearings however have unveiled a more detailed scent.

The combination of Freesia and Blackcurrant open Cassis Rose while a subtle Rose unfolds ever so slowly. It's a dry rendition on me with an undercurrent of tender stem, mild tar and wood. It's an enjoyable accord, not only to wear, but to decipher as well. I have to focus on what it is I'm smelling since it seems to be blended very nicely. Naturally, I'd prefer to just spray and enjoy without thinking about it, but the notes are "tight" as they unravel and it forces me to concentrate in order to review it properly.

The fruit quality, at least on my skin, is never more than a mild accent that augments the Blackcurrant, Freesia and Rose. I also couldn't discern it to be Raspberry, but I'm splittings hairs. It's vague, but effective and destined to be short lived.

The base and drydown employ shadows of the opening and heart accords while introducing some peppery musk and a more noticeable woods. The first stages of Cassis Rose may lean just a tad feminine for some, but the endgame is assuredly shared. Personally, I like Cassis Rose in its entirety and would have no qualms sporting this day or evening.

Sillage is moderate at best, but substantial enough to satisfy. Longevity is approximately 3 to 4 hours before I'd consider reapplying. Thumbs up from Aromi for Cassis Rose by The Body Shop and as always, a recommendation to sample first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited