Galaad by Lubin

Cardamom, Cypress, Rosemary, Myrrh, Honey, Copahu Balm, Agar Oud, Atlas Cedar, Cipriol, Blond Burley Tobacco.

Funny how an accord that's listed can catch your eye, fuel your curiosity until you purchase and then develop on your skin in such a way as to disappoint. Such is the case with Gaalad by Lubin for yours truly.

The tuning of notes seems to be where Galaad loses me from the onset. The ones I wish were merely assistance notes seem to be at the fore; naturally at the expense of the ones I was keenly interested in. The loss of presence ( as a whole ) by the time the heart accord transpires is yet another negative for me. I don't want to state that Galaad is underwhelming or poorly made. It is not. I simply am not enthralled by what I smell, nor is the projection and staying power admirable by any means. Always remember that this is simply one mans opinion.

I suppose what stands out the most during each wearing is a herbaceous-rubber quality joined by Rosemary. This "accord" blooms on my skin and I find it dissatisfying. There's a camphor to go along with this and while it may be interesting to some, I was anticipating a smoky woods and leathery tobacco.

Oud? Well, I considered putting out an A.P.B. on the note, then thought better of it since the prospect of my purchasing this fragrance is basically null and void. I'll never know if an evident oud rendition would have salvaged this or not...........and I'm okay with it.

Sillage is moderate with longevity approximately 4 hours on me. A big, fat-assed neutral rating from Aromi for Galaad by Lubin. A sample wear before purchase is highly recommended. Perhaps you will like it more than I..........and perhaps not..........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Silver by Etienne Aigner