Tzora by Anat Fritz

Cassis, Clary, Bergamot, Peruvian Pepper, Magnolia, Osmanthus, Jasmine, Cedarwood, Vetiver, Patchouli, Musk, Moss.

Perhaps there is something in the structure of Tzora that causes me quick, but temporary fatigue. I don't mean the complete loss of olfaction, but within minutes, I'm forced to concentrate in order to decipher what it is I'm experiencing. The volume, which started out conventional, dissipates on me within a few minutes and I find myself pressing my nose against skin to evaluate its aroma.

What I do smell, I like. Tzora introduces itself with a lucid Bergamot and Pepper. The Cassis and Osmanthus lend a sedate green and floral quality which, at least on me, is quick and transitional.

It only takes moments for the earth and wood tones to  supplant the opening. The subtle Vetiver-Patchouli duo accent a more dominant Cedar note and in the course of 5 minutes, Tzora has completely unfolded.

I've read some good reviews extolling Tzora. The problems I have with this fragrance is the low presence and projection coupled with the theme inherent in its composition. I find Tzora related to Tommy Bahama ( of which I own ) and Bahama is the stronger of the two on my skin. The price differential is another argument as well. If only Tzora was more unique and aggressive, I would enjoy the experience more.

With that said, Tzora still smells pleasant, exhibiting qualities of earthy wood, for all but the first few minutes. It's an uncomplicated scent that leans a bit more masculine than shared.

I wanted to like this fragrance before trying it, because of not only the reviews I've read, but because I liked the first release of Anat Fritz and held out high hopes for this one. After the initial release came out, no one but me seemed to appreciate it. The reviews were scathing and bordering on unfair.

Now, it seems that I am going against the grain once again, but for different reasons. I'm simply unimpressed because I know I can purchase a few designers, similar in aroma and with more projection, for far less money. The Cedar dominant fragrance has been done far too often over the past decade and I was hoping for more.

Sillage and Longevity are very moderate on my skin. A neutral rating is the best I can muster for Tzora by Anat Fritz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited