Aleksandr by Arquiste

Neroli, Fir Balsam, Violet, Leather.

This is the 2nd release from this house I've sampled in the last few months. I must reiterate about linearity and price point, but will say that Aleksandr is a nice perfume overall.

The opening volley of Violet upon Orange is rather good. What makes this top accord work for me is that the Violet rendition isn't acute. I've remarked before that the violet note can be sharp and cutting, but in Aleksandr, it's voluptuous without being ingratiating. If anything, it's implemented pleasantly.

After the opening subsides some, a very low current green and new shoe quality begin to infiltrate the accord. This isn't a conventional "leather" that realizes on my skin, but maybe it will have more clarity on yours. The green aspect also doesn't smell like the fir note I've become accustomed to. It's as though it were far away, yet you can still identify leaf and stem.

Aleksandr, in spite of its name, leans feminine during my wearings. It isn't overt, but enough so that I wouldn't decide to wear it over the numerous other frags there are to choose from. However, I'm quite certain that this would smell very good on the feminine persuasion.

Sillage is acceptable and longevity is approximately 5 hours on my skin. Aleksandr never transitions into anything other than what is described; even in extended drydown. A neutral rating from Aromi for Aleksandr by Arquiste and a sample wear is highly recommended in lieu of a blind purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited