Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue Pour Homme

Lime, Mandarin, Orange, Rosemary.
Ginger, Pink Peppercorn, Lavender, Cypress, Juniper Berry.
Mosses, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Amber, Atlas Cedar.

L'Eau Bleue Pour Homme by Issey Miyake has me on the fence. There are days I like wearing it and then there are days it does absolutely nothing for me and I question why I purchased it in the first place. I suppose the deeply discounted price had something to do with my pulling the trigger, so for price point alone, it was a viable acquisition.

What I find good and refreshing about L'Eau Bleue is the spicy, herbal woodiness. That same quality deters me from wearing it more often than I do. I know that sounds very contradicting and I suppose it is. I imagine I need to be in a certain mood for this or else I do not enjoy it at all.

I will say that L'Eau Bleue is nicely blended with acceptable sillage and longevity. It possesses a fresh aspect and is extremely unoffensive as a whole. Perhaps the fact that it's unremarkable causes me annoyance on the days I'm not in the mood for it. If that's the case, then the problem with L'Eau Bleue isn't with L'Eau Bleue.

There aren't noticeable transitions on my skin, but rather a tempering of presence as the wearings ensue. There is citrus, Spice, a nice rendition of Pepper and woody herbs from start to finish. It just never "grabs" me and tells me "I'm a terrific scent".

All in all, I have to say that this may be my most confused review of all time. I like it, I don't like it, but I do know when a fragrance is put together nicely in spite of how I may feel about it. L'Eau Bleue is certainly one of those scents that should be sampled before purchase or you may end up dazed and confused like yours truly.

Issey Miyake gets a thumbs up from me anyway. To give it a neutral or worse would be extremely unfair. I suppose it's a case of everything isn't for everybody and call it good. Longevity is approximately 4 to 5 hours on my skin before I'd consider reapplying. You may love it........or you may not. Please take my recommendation to try before you buy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited