Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

Lemon, Sage, Pepper, Basil, Bergamot, Cumin, Juniper Berry, Wormwood.
Thyme, Rose, Pine Needles, Jasmine, Geranium, Carnation, Aldehyde.
Cedar, Fir, Leather, Musk, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver.

My first impression of Sung Homme is that soap and tobacco lovers should find this offering very agreeable. Released in 1988, it's neither brutish or a powerhouse. It is, however, a very masculine and clean wear that's also very versatile.

I came across a 50ml. spray bottle a few months ago at the usual bargain bin distributors that most of you folks already frequent. For $5, you can't beat it with a stick ( unless, of course, you detest soapy fragrances ). I'm not necessarily a fan of this genre, but there are some I like enough to own. With Sung Homme, I find it a viable masculine even though I don't love it. It performs well basically anywhere and in any temperature. It also smells completely unoffensive, so love it or not, it's a win-win especially for the price.

With all the listed notes and the expected interplay, what comes to life on my skin is soap with an underlying tobacco note. Upon application, the accord is a tad sharp, but softens within 5 minutes or so to grace the wearer in a smoker's version of "clean". It remains this way ( on me ) for the life of the scent. Extremely linear, Sung Homme possesses moderate sillage and average longevity of about 4 hours. Since I smoke and have been called stupid for doing so, I am persuaded to call Sung Homme Soap-on-a-dope and call it good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited