Casual for Men by Paul Sebastian

Mandarin, Bergamot, Sage, Rosemary, Jasmine, Rose, Cedar, Musk.

Hard to believe this overlooked cheapie has been around since 1995. This is truly a case of a fragrance imitating its name. This is casual, versatile, economical and pleasant. At the very worst innocuous, Casual at once smells a bit classical, but light and energetic.

There's nothing heavy handed about this fragrance, but the immediate opening suggests that it could be. Instead, Casual chooses to be what it is; lucid and spicy with a subtle ratio of floral and woods to give it character and the right amount of substance. The "weight" of this masculine makes it an intelligent choice for the warmer months. It smells "winter" but wears "summer".

The spicy citric accord that opens Casual is vibrant. The floral component accentuates this and is present as well from the initial spray. The first few minutes of Casual is my favorite stage of the wearing. I happen to own this and because of the numerous bottles in my wardrobe, I don't reach for it often enough. I find Casual a good choice when I do not want to think about what it is I'll be wearing and don't wish to make a statement, yet desire to smell nice.

I believe I paid a whopping $4.99 for a 50ml. NIB at the local TJ or Ross store. If you'd like to add a semi-classical smelling scent to your drobe that possesses versatility while respecting the space of those around you, Casual would be a good choice to at least sample. Sillage is moderate with good presence and longevity is approximately 3 plus hours on my skin. Thumbs up from Aromi for Paul Sebastian's Casual for Men. As always, a sample wear is recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited