Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts for Men

Lime, Musk.

Guava Nectar, Blue Agave.

Vanilla, Musk, Palm Tree.

For someone who doesn't normally lean toward aquatic/marine, I find myself choosing to wear Set Sail St. Barts more frequently than I thought I would. It possesses the aquatic aspect, but doesn't go down the same road as most in this genre. I believed it would........especially with musk listed twice.........but it sets itself apart by exhibiting a zesty, unique character, coupled with a "downwind and outdoors" quality.

Now, do I know what Guava Nectar, Blue Agave or even Palm Tree smell like? Gimme a break...........I'm born and raised in Philly, so I'm well versed in Cheese steaks, bagels with cream cheese and soft pretzels. In truth, I could care less what those notes actually consist of since the totality of St. Barts is fresh, substantial and slightly tangy. A pleasant wear is a pleasant wear no matter the content.

The citric accord is very lively and lasts for an impressive amount of time on me. It has a subtle fizz to it and there's more here than just lime. It's reminiscent of a mixed drink with lime and orange wedges accented by a touch of salt. There's nothing boozy here, just the garnishes that would accompany it. I can imagine smelling this on a veranda with mild breezes to embellish the effect. It alludes to aquatic, yet never commits to it. St Barts contains recognizable ingredients found in the genre, but retains its own identity.

The drydown and beyond of St. Barts calls to life a mild suggestion of woods, subtle green tones and a very tempered citrus. It's pleasant and easy to wear all the way through and while not attention grabbing or even exemplary, it's good enough for this reviewer to have in the wardrobe.

Sillage is intelligently tuned to be noticed without offending. Longevity is approximately 4 hours on my skin. At $20 for 100ml., a thumbs up is definitely warranted for Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts for Men. A sample wear is recommended as always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited