Michel Germain Deauville Pour Homme ( revised review from 2009 )

Clementine, Lavender, Sage.
Nutmeg, Pepper, Sage.
Amber, Orris, Oakmoss, Tobacco.

It was time I revisited Deauville pour Homme by Michel Germain. I didn't care for it much 4 years ago and since my tastes have evolved some, it's only fair to go back and re-sample certain releases. I have a nearly full bottle and as I wear it, it has either improved a few notches with age.......or..........I really am beginning to like certain elements I did not appreciate in the past. I still do not find it a "must have", but I'm warming up to it a bit. I wore it as my S.O.T.D and it performed well. It has occurred to me that this is better suited for colder temps and today was proof of that. It never topped 38 degrees and I was outside all day.

When I initially purchased Deauville pour Homme, it was summer of 2009 and I found it heavy. I don't mean buck wild sillage, but simply "thick". The note combinations, at that time,  didn't exactly appeal to me either. Four years later and in opposite temperatures, Deauville works much better for me and for whatever reason, the overall aroma is also more suitable.

The opening gives me the illusion of "fruit" being incorporated in the top accord. It lasts only a few minutes before giving way to peppery spices and a subtle, underlying citrus. Nuances of berry and tobacco are on its heels, while other listed ingredients never fully come to fruition on me. They simply augment and afford some heft to the composition.

It's safe to say Deauville pour Homme is a tobacco scent accented heavily by sweetened spice and a berry-like quality. I'm glad I went back to this to learn this performs well in winter. Sillage is average, but the scent wears heavy and close. Longevity is approximately 5 hours plus on my skin. A positive neutral rating from Aromi since I still can't love this, but have found opportunity and a new respect for it. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited