Trumper's Sandalwood ( revised review )

Bergamot, Lemon, Lavender, Sage, Nutmeg, Spices.
White Jasmine, Carnation, Geranium, Rose.
Sandalwood, Patchouli, Amber, Vanilla, Leather.

Trumper's rendition of sandalwood is interesting to say the least. On one hand, the sandal is displayed austerely, yet surrounded by a creamy, barbershop texture. The sandalwood note pops, as there is no mistaking it, but the supporting cast is just as good and together, they perform their respective roles admirably. Linear, full, woody and creamy, Trumper's Sandalwood manages just the right volume of Van-Amber. Never does this get too sweet, but instead it augments the sandal note wonderfully.

I reviewed this back in 2009 and when I re-read it, it felt like I posted the review in haste. I liked the scent then as I do now, but a more worthwhile opinion is warranted. If one has a soft spot for sandalwood, there's a good chance you will find Trumper's version a nice wear. It leans masculine due to the implementation of Sage and Nutmeg, but it wouldn't startle me in the least to smell this on the feminine persuasion. The creamy combination of the oriental notes gives Trumper's an added dimension of versatility. The more I wear it, the better I like it.

The barbershop vibe is there for me during the life of the scent, but it never screams "I AM MAN" like others of the genre. To my palette, it's more metrosexual and displays no rough edges.

From the opening volley, one can appreciate the dense blending of citrus, spice, woods and oriental notes. It's almost as if transparently dry sandalwood has merged, then hovered just above its counterparts. I own way too many sandalwood fragrances to ever use in multiple lifetimes, yet I count Trumper's in my top 5. There's just something about a sandalwood fragrance that's pitted perfectly against a well done van-amber. Profumum took Santalum to another level as did MPG's original Santal Noble, yet I enjoy wearing Trumper's as much as those. Sillage is good with longevity approximately 5 to 6 hours on my skin and then even longer as a skin scent. Thumbs up from Aromi for Sandalwood by Trumper. As always, a sample wear is recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited