Aviance Cologne by Prince Matchabelli

Aldehydes, Bergamot, Green Notes.
Orris Root, Jasmine, Muguet, Rose.
Moss, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean, Vetiver.

This particular aldehydic-floral took some getting used to on my part. Not that this is a precise comparison, but you know how we, as human beings, have to gaze upon a car wreck even though the images will be unpleasant? Aviance has that effect on me.

I genuinely don't experience pleasantness, but I continue to sniff from either an instantaneous addiction or an unexplained need for pain. There's a waxiness to the combination of Aldehydes and Musk that's almost akin to a scent possessing high cholesterol. I know that sounds nuts and yet it's this, in combination with the "drugstore-cologne" vibe, that gives me a hard time.

It's only after a few hours have elapsed that I begin to appreciate what it is I'm smelling. The "girth" has calmed down a few notches and soft, earth tones along with Lily and Jasmine come alive. The drugstore vibe has lessened significantly, which signals a marked improvement.

Woods, Moss and Musk segue into the drydown stage, affording the wearer yet another facet of vintage compositions and blending. That waxy, cholesterol quality is still evident on my skin even now, but it has either morphed into something superior or I'm simply becoming acclimated to an aroma I initially found unpalatable. At any rate, Aviance is not your typical, ultra-feminine scent. It's assuredly assertive and floral, yet has a masculine aspect to it.

Sillage is good with longevity approximately 7 hours on my skin and more with extended drydown. Neutral rating from Aromi for Prince Matchabelli's Aviance with a strong recommendation to sample before purchasing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited