Four by Nejma

Tame Oud ...

It has taken me a few wears to come to grips with Four. I loved it from the very first time I sprayed it, but it's not what one might expect from an Oud-centric house. This is something that I am going to enjoy wearing during the day in the tropics, where I work.

The fresh, opening blast that Four presents is HEAVILY laced with an intense Peach note which worries me every time I spray it, considering that fruit in frags is not my favorite thing. Luckily, it doesn't stick around for long, morphing for some reason into a bubblegum like smell. When I was a kid I used to stuff my mouth with bubblegum called Whacky Wicks … this also short-lived phase of Four brings back fond memories of that … slightly minty, winter-greenish and pink!!

Once the flowers take over, Four comes into its own and is a delight on the skin. This fragrance feels like a classic early 90's creation while remaining completely valid in the (not so) new millennium. Narcissus lovers in particular will really enjoy Four, while I love it because the florals here remain fresh and sparkling for the duration.
This is NOT an Oud heavy fragrance by any means. It surely is present, but in minuscule amounts and it's great to see that Oud can be used in a frag without overwhelming it and becoming the star attraction. Here, the Oud provides a powdery-ness that could not have been achieved by the Sandalwood alone. In fact, the delicious woodiness of the dry down is simply touched by Labdanum and Patchouli … further inveigling Four of a retro feel.

Sillage here is wonderful radiating about a foot, while the longevity can be sorted out with a good over spray! I recommend Nejma Four for those who like tame Oud coupled with flowers… and who hanker after something modern that recalls the floral delight of a time before the 'freshies' took over!



Comments

  1. K, good to see you back and nice review !! I am not familiar with the Nejma line, but have always liked Pascal. Thanks for the info on this eclectic juice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited