Oud Pour Lui by Alyssa Ashley

Lemon, Geranium, Saffron.
Jasmine, Olibanum, Cumin.
Vetiver, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Benzoin, Amber, Oud.

My first wearing of Alyssa Ashley's Oud Pour Lui was not what I expected. Subsequent wearings produced the same result, however I'm more conducive to it after numerous applications. This isn't because there's anything off putting about the fragrance, nor is it because I find it inferior. It's due to the implementation of Incense and the tuning thereof. Oud Pour Lui is all about smoke and the resurgence of my Altar Boy memories at our local Catholic Church.

I was expecting an Oud dominant scent and instead of Agarwood, Incense took the lead and never looked back. On my skin, I experience full-on Incense with the expected smokiness and woody undercurrent. Oud Pour Lui is also linear and only the lowering of volume and presence during the base and drydown does it reveal other facets.

This isn't to say that Alyssa's interpretation is unsatisfactory. It's simply not what I had in mind when I pulled the trigger on a bottle. On the flip side however, if one likes Incense, Pour Lui isn't gender specific by any means. This is for anyone to wear and it has me curious to the feminine version and if it's similar. All the other players here bow in worship to the smoke, but it is a very wearable rendition. Sillage is good with longevity approximately 5 hours on my skin. A few hours into the wearings, the Incense chills enough to permit subtle amber, resins and cedar to strut their stuff. Thumbs up anyway from Aromi for Oud Pour Lui with the WARNING that Oud is simply a passive embellishment here.

Comments

  1. Are bottles available at good prices in the USA? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited