Ambre Dore by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

Clary Sage, Geranium, Storax.
Ambergris, Coriander, Oud, Saffron.
Myrrh, Sandalwood, Vetiver.

Recently, I was thinking of revising my review of Ambre Precieux by this house. I like updating them because my taste has evolved, with some of my past reviews being rather blunt and not descriptive enough for my own liking. I ended up buying a bottle of Ambre Dore instead and since they are siblings, I've concluded the AP review is unnecessary at this time.

Personally, I like Ambre Dore best out of the two. There's no sense in my comparing sillage and longevity because that would amount to splitting hairs. Both are very acceptable, so I'll leave it at that. Ambre Dore seperates itself during the first half of the wearings due to a resinous, feral quality. This comes about because the combination of Ambergris and Oud dictate that it does. It borders on skank, but not the repulsive variety. There's smoke in this brew once the heart accord commences and this is where it can be appreciated.

Ambre Dore, from the initial spray, is balsamic. I've read reviews that this is nothing more than Ambre Precieux with Oud thrown in. I disagree, but that's simply my opinion. The ratio of resins, smoke, woods and earth tones distinguish these as two separate entities. Yes, there are similarities and yes, they are no doubt siblings. Those who thoroughly enjoy AP however may not like wearing Ambre Dore.

There's the skank appeal here that some will love and others will eschew. The Clary Sage emphasizes the implementation of Amber and succeeds in keeping this sweet, but not overtly so. You will experience numerous, distinctive aromas wearing Ambre Dore and I guess that's the exclamation point for this aficionado.

Sillage and longevity are very good, so a definitive thumbs up from Aromi for MPG's foray into the oud arena. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited