L'Homme Sage by Parfums Divine

Saffron, Mandarin, Cardamom, Lychee, Balm, Aromatic Woods, Immortelle, Patchouli, Oak, Moss, Amber, Incense.

I've reviewed this fragrance before, but since I can't retrieve it and the fact that I like it better this time around, I shall go another round with L'Homme Sage by Parfums Divine.

Overall, this masculine really doesn't break any new ground ( aroma-wise ) and it does possess similarities to a few others that implement similar note progressions. It does however embody clean spice and an impressive longevity factor. You will be able to smell this 24 hours later with no problem as an enjoyable skin scent. There's a balsamic powder quality that can possibly be misconstrued as something other than perfume. I'm referring to certain talc, lotion or even antiperspirant. I suppose it leans innocuously clean.

L'Homme Sage opens with a smooth blast of camphor infused Saffron and Cardamom. This is balsamic, spicy, aromatic and it already possesses an underlying theme of powder on my skin. It has a nice shimmer to it that lasts the first few minutes and I find that aspect very enjoyable.

The top and heart accords seem one and the same each time I wear this. They last a long time as well, before dissipating into the base and drydown stages. As much note interaction as there is, this all comes to fruition smelling very uncomplicated and linear. That's not a knock, just an observation.

Once the base rolls around, a more earthy and woody tone insert themselves into what already is. This transition is very smooth and almost goes unnoticed. The totality of L'Homme is rather rich, but never suffocating. The Immortelle is well done and affords me a subtle tea-like herbaceousness during this stage of the wearings.

So, what can we say then about L'Homme Sage? Personally, I find this a nice scent that performs well in the cool to cold temps. It also wears like a more mature fragrance. I find nothing frivolous here and nothing spectacular either. It is what it is.....and this is one of those that has to be worn to make sure it fits.....or not.....

Sillage is good with longevity exceeding my expectations. Positive-Neutral rating from Aromi for Parfums Divine's L'Homme Sage due to price point and linearity. A strong suggestion to sample before purchase is recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited