Crazy Rain Eau de Cologne by Novaya Zarya

Bergamot, Cumin, Coriander, Green Notes, Lavender, Jasmine, Cedar, Tree Moss, Patchouli, Tonka Bean, Vanilla.


Okay......here's comes a potentially sacrilegious statement. Crazy Rain by Novaya Zarya gives me the impression of what Tiffany for Men "Light" would smell like if there was such a thing as Tiffany Light. There......I said it and if you think I'm a jack off, then all I can recommended is do a side by side as I've been compelled to and then talk smack to me afterwards.

Yes, Crazy Rain is an economical Russian EDC and this bottle was part of a lot I recently purchased on auction. Naturally, Tiffany smells deeper and richer, but the similarities are evident from 3 minutes into the wearings. Now, with that comparison out of the way, is Crazy Rain worth getting or at least sampling? I would say yes on both counts.

For an EDC, this wears thicker than most, although the longevity is still that of an Eau de Cologne concentration that is a bit better than most in its category. It falls between EDC and EDT on my skin. It opens with slightly aromatic and spicy citrus. It's denser than conventional openings and within a minute, hints of herb, lavender and Jasmine weave their way into the accord. The heart accord is really where I draw the Tiffany Light comparison from. Less complex, Crazy Rain  is more breathable or maybe spacious would be more accurate. Where Tiffany showcases Orange, Crazy Rain offers a more subdued Bergamot-Lemon quality.

Another positive attribute inherent here is its ability to avoid evolving into something disappointing and frequently associated with Colognes of this price point. Cheap doesn't mean crap here folks. On one hand, Crazy Rain isn't a terrific sleeper scent that guys ought to run out a blind buy due to price. On the other hand, Crazy Rain ( to me ) is good enough that I reach for the credit card and snag a back up bottle for $12 US. I have paid more for scents I like less.

In summary, Crazy Rain is not Tiffany for Men part II. It's similar enough for me to think of it as a more casual version of it with less depth and tenacity. I liked it from the first time I had opportunity to wear it and the Tiffany association was immediate. Sillage is average as you would expect from an EDC, with longevity approximately 5 hours on my skin and half of that as a skin scent. Thumbs up from Aromi for Novaya Zarya's Crazy Rain with a strong suggestion to sample before purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited