Martinique by Tommy Bahama

Bergamot, Pepper, Lavender, Musk, Woods.

Having already reviewed St. Barts, I am compelled to bring it up due to the similarities both of these fragrances exhibit. They have the same genetic makeup with a mild tweak here and there.

Martinique is St. Barts with a more peppery flavor and slightly heavier wear. For me to own both ( and I do ) is a redundancy owed primarily to both being priced so low that I could not stop myself from adding it to my cart at the local TJMAXX. Am I disappointed? No, I'm not because as similar as they are, they'll both get worn in the spring and summer months.

While doing a side by side, I noticed that by the time the heart accord commences, Martinique is a tad denser. Maybe even more accurate would be to say that St. Barts is a bit brighter. To be honest, I'm splitting hairs and what I notice most in this transition is the spice in Martinique.

The real differences between these two are the pepper rendition in Martinique and that by base and drydown stages, Martinique possesses a more musky-wood than St. Barts, with its aquatic-musk finish. These subtle differences are only apparent to me wearing both at once, so it boils down to actually choosing just one of them and calling it good. They both smell good, are innocuous and tuned for politeness. Obviously, they were intended for spring and summer wear, but as we know, frags like these perform all year round very effectively. Sillage is moderate with longevity approximately 3 to 4 hours on my skin. Thumbs up from Aromi for Tommy Bahama's Martinique and as you would expect, a sample wear is recommended before purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited