Secret EDP by Marilyn Miglin

Melon, Clementines, Rosewood, Grapefruit.
White Peach, Bulgarian Rose, Ylang-Ylang, Honeysuckle.
Amber, Heliotrope, Violet Woods.

My apologies for the lackluster image. I had to pilfer it from an auction listing since I couldn't find an adequate one. I have a mini and my own pic doesn't look much better, so this one will have to suffice. I can say however, that the fragrance is a surprisingly good fruity floral and extremely feminine.

Secret is rather strong and empowering, but doesn't develop a crassness that I experience sometimes when I apply something deliberately heavy. I'll occasionally do that with Eau de Parfums to see if there's a shrill aspect to the wearing, but Secret stops short of that.

This blankets my skin already developed and stays that way until long into the drydown phase. Peach, Ylang, dusty Rose and Honeysuckle are front and center on my skin and perhaps other notes will be more prevalent on you than I. The Heliotrope lends a subtle, spicy quality while the others reinforce an already extremely floral experience. The fruit notes are tuned very nicely, giving balance and contrast. They don't go overboard with sweetness either. Secret, on its own, is a very rich scent and manages to stop short of possessing too much of a good thing. It only takes a few, strategically placed sprays of this to get the job done.

It's not until well into the wearings that any semblance of wood appears and that is neither here nor there. Secret is all about fruit accented florals and it makes no apologies. If you think you'd like Ylang, soft Rose, Honeysuckle and Heliotrope all rolled up in some slightly powdery peach, this particular Miglin may just surprise you.

I know of no man who could successfully pull this one off, but I've been wrong many times in the past. I'm on the daring side when it comes to scent, but in spite of liking this, I wouldn't attempt it. I'd prefer to smell a few deft sprays of this on the feminine persuasion. Sillage is good and longevity is 8 hours plus on me. Thumbs up from Aromi for Marilyn Miglin's Secret and as always, don't take my word for anything. Sample this yourself in lieu of blind purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited