L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake

Cyclamen, Freesia, Lotus, Melon.
Carnation, Lily, Peony.
Amber, Cedar, Musk, Sandalwood.

L'Eau D'Issey has been around now for a few decades and other than smelling this on others in passing, this is the first time I've gotten to sample it numerous times. My first thoughts are fresh, lucid, feminine and pleasant to be around.

After numerous wearings, I can't say that impression has changed any. I don't find it groundbreaking in any way like some others, but this is a subjective hobby after all. It is a deserving scent though and most assuredly warrants a test run if this genre floats your boat. L'Eau D'Issey isn't over the top feminine, but just enough so that I choose not to wear it.

The first 5 minutes of applying L'Eau D'Issey graces the wearer with a sheer accord consisting of Freesia, suggestions of fruit and an ozonic-green stem quality. I find it bracing, but not necessarily sharp and it only lasts moments before dissipation occurs. There's an aldehydic aspect to this top accord that's short lived as well. A restrained Carnation note is also evident and it gives the composition a much needed edge.

The fruit aspect is another component that dissolves too quickly for my liking, but it may not bother you. I wish it were tuned a little more assertively as to hang around longer in a more noticeable fashion. On my skin, the Freesia, Carnation, Subtle woods, Stem and remnants of ozone are what remain from the heart accord onward. Some reviewers have stated that this is a strong fragrance, but it doesn't perform that way on me. Granted, the skin phase is considerable, but the time allotted to presence and projection is average at best. Perhaps the bottle I've acquired is a reformulation and I say that not knowing if there has been one.....or two....or three.....versions of this. After all, it is decades old.

At any rate, L'Eau D'Issey is a nice fragrance sans the wow factor. Pleasantly unremarkable wouldn't be inaccurate, but I do think more highly of it than that description. It's a good, feminine choice for the warmer months and smells vibrant for an impressive amount of time.

Sillage starts out good, then reduces to average within minutes. Longevity is approximately 3 hours on me ( tops ) before evolving into a personal space scent. Thumbs up from Aromi for Miyake's L'Eau D'Issey. A strong recommendation, as always, to sample before purchasing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited