Original Penguin for Men

Apples, Fir,  Lavender, Pepper, Musk, Neroli, Patchouli, Vanilla.

Sometimes, mediocrity is not only a safe bet, but pleasant and versatile enough to be considered an intelligent addition to ones wardrobe. Penguin for Men is a contemporary take on the somewhat overdone Musk-Patch-Vanilla trifecta.I purchased this sometime in 2014 at TJM for peanuts and once worn, I was pleasantly surprised.

Original Penguin certainly doesn't break any new ground, but I have to admit that price point aside, this is a comfortable wear when you just want to smell good and not have to think about it. The cost is another advantage, aside from the fact that this is a year round scent.

Penguin opens with a rather well done accord consisting of slightly balsamic apple and citrus. There's subtle spice with just a hint of sour-bitter in the mix. I genuinely enjoy the accord and only wish it could retain its vibrancy and vitality. Of course it does not, but then again, there's no fragrance that accomplishes that feat.

I suppose the only thing I wish this fragrance did not possess was the synthetic quality that so many current releases have. The chemical quality is usually a big turn off for me personally, but in Penguin it's simply noted and tolerated.

The base reveals a musky vanilla that's played at low volume. The Patchouli is subdued on my skin and exhibits an earthiness as opposed to a conventional patch aroma. That aspect works well to maintain a modern feel to Penguin for Men. Sillage is moderate with longevity approximately 3 to 4 hours on me before I reapply. Original Penguin is a safe, polite choice with versatility. Thumbs up from Aromi for Penguin and as always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited