Old Bourbon by West Third Brand

Sandalwood, Cedar, Vetiver, Amyris, Patchouli, Coumarin, Citrus Peel, Benzoin, Vanilla.

My journey through the product line of West Third Brand continues with Old Bourbon. I'm persuaded, at this juncture of sampling their creations, that they have their own base foundation that everything springboards from. It's like the house soup.

'Bad thing you ask? Not really, since most I've tried so far are bottle worthy. I wish they would cut down on the Benzoin-Vanilla duo in the base and not use it in practically everything. It's starting to get redundant. On the other hand, it's a comfortable wear, with good longevity and price point, so what you have is a bit too much similarity come base and extended drydown.

Old Bourbon however does not conjure up aged-soaked barrels of the libation on me. The coumarin implemented here, more than likely, is a sub that resembles sweet vanilla more than anything else. Old Bourbon has subtle woods and earth on my skin, but most dominant is, you guessed it.....Vanilla with resins.

So, once again, while at the same time a pleasant wear, nothing is holding my attention here enough to nudge me into purchase mode. I'm starting to fear that owning a few of these creations covers the gamut. To own all or most is repetetive, but since I have more to review, I'm hoping to be wrong. Sillage is average with longevity approximately 6 hours and much longer as a skin scent. Nuetral rating from Aromi for redundancy and as always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited