Oud'ish by ZARKOPERFUME

Oud, Indian Green Tea, Ambergris, White Musk.

Okay......it's been quite awhile since my initial application of Oud'ish by ZARKOPERFUME and I'm still waiting to stumble upon the Oud. Playing it safe by deeming it "oud-ish" is one thing, but at least give me a facsimile of the note. Nuttin happenin folks. The cows will come home, breed, eat, crap and die of natural causes before you experience any oud-like anything here.

That said and my heartfelt rant over, does Oud'ish have any redeeming qualities? Yes, indeed it does; however I wish they would have named this T'ambergris. This fragrance is linear and very uncomplicated, showcasing Tea and Ambergris on my skin. It does have a contemporary feel to it and either gender can rock this no problem.

Even into the base and drydown, mild Tea, Balsam and Amber are evident at the expected lower volume. The musk that others seem to experience eludes me, but I'm not really disappointed by its lack of presence. What does dissatisfy is the fact that the overall noticeability is not much more than a whisper ( on my skin ) after 30 minutes with normal application. I don't mind certain fragrances being designed as personal-space scents, but this one is simply tuned too low for my tastes.

Sillage is minimal with longevity approximately 3 hours before reapplication. Neutral rating from Aromi due to my liking what I smell, but not liking reapplication so often and having to put an APB out on the Oud note. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended as this is $1.50 per ml.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited