Cedre EDP by Yellowstone Parfums

 

Atlas Cedarwood, Musk, Floral Note, Fruit Note, Vetiver, Oakmoss Absolute.

Yellowstone Parfums is new and they have 8 fragrances listed on their site as of now. I'm going to systematically review half of them because they feature predominant notes I've always gravitated to. Cedarwood is one of those notes, however, as much as I like it, the one problem I've had with a few I've owned (for example Tumulte PH and Gucci ) is that they smell great, but have poor longevity on my skin. 

Cedre opens with a bracing shot of Cedarwood and some sort of anonymous smelling heart note. Perhaps it's the fruit listed, but it compliments the in-your-face woods. I like it and I like that this rendition of the featured note is front and center, not to mention rough around the edges. Nothing here to smooth out the opening for the first 5 minutes. The Cedar note stays center stage for about 10 minutes on my skin before softening enough to permit the accompanying notes to augment the heart and base.




Whatever floral and fruit notes are mentioned seem to bolster the Cedar and add accents to the woods without really revealing who or what they are. I can tell they're there, but can't distinguish identities.

The Musk is present from the onset, but takes the baton from the Cedar about 10 minutes into the wearing. The Cedar is still there, but now is a background note. That transition is one I like. The anonymous players are now accenting the musk instead of the woods. The combination of Oakmoss and Vetiver with the Musk is different, yet appealing.

Once the Musk is up front and the base comes to fruition, the Oakmoss compliments it more than the Vetiver. I get hints of Vetiver, but it comes and goes, peeking out from behind the Mossy-Musk intermittently. This is a base accord that's uncomplicated but to my liking.



The rendition of Musk implemented isn't of the skanky or feral variety. This is clean, transparent but noticeable. It works well with the other notes and allows them to reveal themselves, in spite of the Musk being a key player here. 30 minutes in and Cedre is still going at a good volume.

For those who like Cedar and Musk fragrances, this one should make your "try" list. Thumbs up from Aromi for Yellowstone Parfums Cedre and as always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited