Patchouly EDP by Yellowstone Parfums ( AKA Orange Patchoulias )


Dark Patchouli, Woods, Citrus, Amber, Labdanum, Vanilla Bean, Musk, Incense, Castoreum.

I'm a self avowed sucker for Patchouli. I pretty much like them all and the ones I presently own and no longer have consisted of varying interpretations of the note. I admit to finding redeeming qualities in basically all of them.

Yellowstone Patchouly is no exception. There's a noticeable Orange note in the opening salvo and even beyond. I like this combination. This particular citrus note is married to the Patchouli and I find it well integrated. For the first 5 minutes or so, it's all about a smooth Patchouli infused with orange. After the 5 minute mark, I can begin to smell the mild resin and Vanilla making their appearance. This is not loud or boisterous. Even the opening volley has manners. I say that thinking of Bois 1920 Real Patchouly, who barnstorms the wearer with their opening accord. Make no mistake, I still own Real Patchouly and actually like it more now than when I bought it years ago. It just so happens that it's in-your-face, at least for the top notes. Yellowstone Patchouly is more even keeled and the patchouli note itself is different.

As far as the musk and castoreum are concerned, they only offer subtle support in this accord structure. I do detect a light-hearted smoke and it's tuned just right. It's unobtrusive and lends just enough to accent the main players of Patch, Citrus, Vanilla Bean and a resinous undertone. 20 minutes in and beyond, Patchouly has become warmer from the onset of the Labdanum and Vanilla, yet the orange is still going stride for stride with the Patchouli note. The more I smell this, the more I like it and from what I perceive, this is genderless. The Musk integrates itself, on my skin, around 30 minutes in and is transparent.


It seems to keep the main players going, yet I only get periodic whiffs of it. These are not notes I'm accustomed to seeing in a Patchouli accord structure, but it works rather well. What I truly like is that the Labdanum and Vanilla Bean stay in their lane the entire time the Patchouli is strutting its stuff. It's not until the dry down, at least on me, that they outlast the Orange Patchoulias.

Thumbs up from Aromi for Yellowstone's Patchouly. As I always do, I recommend a sample wear for every fragrance I review. I perceive if a person likes Patchouli, they'll like this. It is, after all, a love it or hate it note.

Comments

  1. I can't find this "Yellowstone Parfums" or either of the perfumes you reviewed yesterday or today anywhere on the Internet. Nor are they listed on Basenotes or Fragrantica. Do they have a website you can provide? (I'm searching from the U.S., in english) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it may have been down for a minute or two. I tried it and it works. YellowstoneParfums

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a mystery. I still find nothing. The only perfumes that come up in the search are by Caswell Massey. Is it possible that Yellowstone blocks the site in the US? ..... Anyway, Best Regards and thank you. I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ! The site works perfectly for me. Just google yellowstoneparfums with no space in between and you'll see a niche perfume link come up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.yellowstoneparfums.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you... I finally "forced" Google to show me the correct search results. Google has changed the way they prioritize search results to the point that you sometimes can't word searches to get information you KNOW is online. Yellowstone will be getting an order now thanks to you. Best Regards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited