Sandalo Cafe EDP by YellowstoneParfums

 


Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Coffee, Myrrh, Amber

Vanilla.

The first thing I have to say about this particular fragrance pertains to the Coffee note. I've owned multiple releases of MPG's Santal Noble, over the years and a few had different renditions of a coffee note implemented. I love Santal Noble and still have a bottle of the original release. It's like a Holy Grail frag to me. Enter Sandalo Cafe. This version of a coffee note is intriguing to say the least. It's immediate straight out of the bottle and to me, it smells like a Cinnamonized Mocha Latte layered with Sandalwood. It's one of those eccentric openings that I keep sniffing. The amazing thing for me is that this "opening" stays around for quite awhile. It's like Sandalo Cafe has 2 accords instead of 3 and from the initial spray, you get what I just described until the dry down commences to reveal a pleasant woody Van-Amber.




Even as the Sandalwood note dissipates during the course of the wearing, it's still evident and smells extremely appealing to me merged with this spiced up Mocha Latte or whatever the hell it is. It's more prominent than the Sandalwood, yet it smells like it's supposed to be that way. Somehow, it never shuts out the Wood notes. Instead, it rides on top of them like riding a wave of Sandal and Cedar. As a sandalwood frag lover, as different as this is, I like it quite a bit. I've owned numerous Sandalwood frags, that will go unnamed, that didn't smell as intriguing as this.


Now, nothing tops 2 Sandalwood frags for me and those are the original Santal Noble and Profumum Roma's Santalum. Outside of those 2 standouts, this one is eccentric enough and smells good enough to make it into my wardrobe. No, it won't be for everyone, but if you like Sandalwood, you should at least sample this. Thumbs up from Aromi for YellowstoneParfums Sandalo Cafe and as always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited