Ambra Nera by Farmaccia SS. Annunziata

My first impression of this amber rendition is that I like how the amber is borderline sweet and slightly resinous. Plush and anamalic at the same time is a pretty neat trick that I never tire of.

Ambra Nera opens with a dominant amber that leans sweet from an interaction with vanilla and a very transparent eucalyptus. The warm and cold of these notes works very well and within a few minutes, the amber starts turning darker, fuller-bodied and has a slight bite to it.

The cypress is a well chosen supporting note as is the vetiver. Together, they provide an earthy wood. It's as if the cypress is too young and not ready to be used. This effect must be from the benzoin and vetiver playing off the wood. I cannot discern patchouli in Ambra Nera even though it's listed, but there's already an earthy resin in the mix balanced very nicely with vanilla.

This is a very respectable amber rendition and yet another release from this house that is totally good to go.

Comments

  1. I've never heard of this fragrance line, but this sounds like a really nice amber. It seems like Italy is just packed with these little niche houses that just aren't as well-known as the French ones are here in North America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G_B.......if you like amber scents, you should really sample this. I'm partial to ambers....and this did not disappoint !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Aromi, I had bought a sample of Ambra Nera some months ago. As I tested it on my skin, I said : "no, it's too sweet for me " and had forget about it. Tonight, I tested it again and I can't stop smelling my wrist. It's delicious. I have some amber scents and love them all. I thought my next purchase will be Ambre 114...but now I have to decide between Ambre 114 and Ambra Nera.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited