Bandit by Robert Piguet

Bandit was originally created in 1944, discontinued and then resurrected again 1999. The decision to DC this scent was probably due to it's assertiveness. Brutal is a strong word. I don't conclude Bandit being a brutal scent......but tough as nails would be more accurate.

Bandit starts off dark and stays that way. I cannot say I like the reformulation. This rendition of leather smells a bit raw to me. Originally classified as a Chypre of the fruity variety, I get none of that in this sample wearing. Whatever florals are in here are severely pissed off with what I believe is Rose stirring up the pot. There's also a bit of earthy animalics present, but there's no transitions that would make this rendition of Bandit interesting.

Sampling this was an experience, but not one I would want to endure for hours as a result of a full wearing. When I need a dose of "tough", I won't go reaching for this. I have others that fit the bill and are a more comfortable wear.

Comments

  1. I've read fans of the vintage stuff saying that modern Bandit is Bandit made wimpy. I do sometimes wonder what it was like back in the pre-reformulation days...

    My favorite leather chypre of this style is Lauder's Azuree. Not as dry; not as sour, and has these fun cola-like top notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has a dated smell to me. There's just something about it that's difficult to single out.....but the scent, in its entirety, I find uninteresting. It seems to lay there smelling dark, loud and ( dare I say) old......

    I have smelled previous versions that were much better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited