Champaca by Ormonde Jayne

The first thing I noticed about Champaca is how subdued the volume is. This EDP could never get loud enough to become annoying. I also noticed how "shared" this fragrance actually is and possesses a comforting aura from start to finish.

The Ormonde Jayne site describes Champaca as a pale, orange flower from India. The scent actually does emit a subtle orange......almost like the orange in a rendition of sherbert. There is a creamy texture like the site describes as well......and they give credit to the Champaca absolute. Whatever the source of this wispy, cream like texture, it still reminds me of the aroma orange sherbert gives off while I am imbibing. If nothing else, it's pleasant enough to enjoy it.

There's listed neroli, pink pepper, bamboo, freesia absolute, basmati notes, green tea, myrrh and musk. I do not recognize most of the listed players except a hint of pepper and the same goes for tea. The drydown exposes a background musk that's nice, but this release never exceeds the "nice" status for me. Suffice it to say that a partially creamy orange accord with wisps of tea and pepper followed by a low key musk isn't exactly inspiring or worthy of the EDP Niche class. It is acceptable and a comfortable wear, but lacks the originality and projection I look for in releases from houses such as this.

Decent enough fragrance but for the price point, there needs to be more than this.

Comments

  1. I agree. Pretty, light but not enough "there" there. I like Ormonde Woman and Tiare much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to eventually try those 2.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited