Pour Le Soir by Maison F. Kurkdjian

I would have never thought to sample this had not a friendly basenoter been generous enough to send me a very healthy sample. Thank you arwen_elf !!!

I have said numerous times as I will again that, there's no humanly way possible to sample all the potentially good releases....unless you are foetidus......but that's another story and besides.....he's a review-legend that I have been trying to bring on board for the last year. Suffice it to say I may be wearing him down and with any luck, he will join us down the road.......

Back to Pour Le Soir......Benzoin.......yes......Benzoin out of the bottle with wispy puffs of floral, fruit and what seems to be an intermittent vanilla note. But wait.......what's that?......a rose dipped in sweet honey? I get fleeting rose and then.....yes, honey....but a rounded honey note and very unlike the edginess honey produces in quite a few of my classic masculines. This accord is smooth.

The initial two accords are spatial and have room to breathe yet retain a substantial gravity. An incense slowly but surely integrates itself into the transition and latches onto the "moist" floral heart. I get the allusion of moist from the benzoin, rose and honey trio and the addition of incense-wood notes are truly befitting this composition. This is nice.......very nice......

Pour Le Soir is heavy without being heavy. I find it a comfortable wear for either gender.....and as we know, that line is becoming more blurred as time moves on. Thumbs up from Aromi for MFK's release of Pour Le Soir.

Comments

  1. You're right about not being able to try everything. It's impossible. So I tend to follow releases from lines I already like. But I also want to write about older favourites. Even with writing about 2-3 perfumes a week I barely make a dent in my sample pile. Oh well, good thing it's fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get overwhelming sometimes....especially when you go through those periods where you simply do not feel like reviewing anything. Then, you take a look at the sample box and say " Oh S%$!"...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good one Aromi and I am looking forward to Absolue Pour Le Soir too !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited