Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Ah yes.......L'Artisan Parfumeur, my favorite whipping post. Okay, that's harsh albeit very true in my case. I continue to be extremely underwhelmed by this house and its subtleties seem to be lost on me. It doesn't matter that Giacobetti is behind Fou d'Absinthe. There's nothing here that hasn't been done before and better.

Clove, ginger, nutmeg and pepper are the stars in this one on my skin. There are other culprits, but these players get the limelight. The totality is an inconspicuous scent that won't raise any eyebrows. It's pleasant...almost generic in its spiciness with an underlying soapy note that eventually takes the reigns. In no stage of wearing Fou d'Absinthe did I find it loud. If anything, the wearing was like a murmur and I waited patiently for it to raise its voice a notch. I should have worn a hearing aid.

Considering the price point of this house, I cannot recommend it as a whole or steer anyone to this particular fragrance. There is something to be said for wearing pleasant, understated scents and with the exception of a few releases, that's what L'Artisan delivers to me. I've said it before that I need more than that for these prices and my feelings have not changed.

I have to give Fou d'Absinthe a neutral rating simply for boring me. I'm past the point of wanting to find something bottle worthy from this house. The few daring releases I have tried from them I didn't like either, so suffice it to say that I may need to leave their offerings alone and allow others to offer their opinions. I seem to have become very prejudiced when it comes to L'Artisan.

Comments

  1. I'm with you on L'Artisan, with the exception of Traversee du Bosphore, which I love. I feel that if the price point were about $50 lower, it would match the quality of most of their fragrances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie !!! My schedule has taken me away from posting on the blog....and....I guess I should have chosen another fragrance to sample/review since it's been a little while.

    I honestly wish there was something from this house I could love enough to buy, but nothing so far. It's the mediocrity that drives me nuts. If their releases sucked, at least I could hate them for an obvious reason.

    I'm going to try Al Oudh next. I truly hope I like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya! I hope you like Al Oudh too. It has way too much cumin for me. I don't like to eat it, and I don't like the smell of it. I think it would smell amazing on the right man, though. I need to post a couple reviews here, myself. Will get going on that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited