Honore Payan Patchouli Ambre

I purchased this blind one month ago from France and it took that long to arrive. I expected it to, so there was no concern there. I actually bought the Eau de Parfum Patchouli, but was sent the Eau de Toilette Patchouli Ambre.

A little disappointed because of the mixup, I wasn't about to go through sending it back to France. Once I tried it, I immediately liked it and am persuaded to believe it may be a blessing in disguise. I say that because its volume is more polite than the likes of Bois 1920, Reminiscence or Mazzolari.

Honore Payan isn't weak, so let's get that out of the way folks. It's about the same volume as Molinard ( which I like very much thank you ) and is related to Molinard and Bois 1920. It's as if you blended those 2 and presto ! Honore Payan is sweeter than Molinard but a bit less woody and biting than Bois 1920 Real Patchouly. It has probably the best assets of both and is a Jehanne Rigaud Parfum.

Honore Payan opens with a blast of patchouli and cedar. It quickly settles down and these 2 notes ride together for quite some time before a soft labdanum eases itself into the picture. The labdanum is very good and has a slightly resinous quality to it. It never gets as sweet as Eau de Patchouli by Reminiscence. For most of the wearing, the patchouli, cedar and labdanum are prominent. The ambery accord starts asserting itself after an hour or so has passed and then the drydown  has a wispy vanilla-tonka duo making an appearance. It's very subtle and compliments the labdanum nicely.

This is very wearable even in warmer temps. Patchouli Ambre seems to fall in between a good designer rendition and a niche offering. I actually like the fact that the volume is polite. Honore Payan gets a thumbs up from Aromi.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the good news. I have to try to get this. I love Reminiscence Patchouli, Mazzolari, Villoresi and Patchouli Patch. I love them all, but none of them is my holy grail patchouli. So I am searching and searching...:)

    Nil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed wearing it and can still smell it as a skin scent the following morning.

    Great for the price.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited