1804 George Sand by Histoires de Parfums

Pineapple, Peach, Gardenia, Jasmine, Rose, Muguet, Clove, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk, Benzoin, Vanilla.

I have come back to this particular fragrance around 5 times. This is not exactly an easy one to wrap your head around. I do not believe I have ever smelled a protracted opening that consisted of pineapple and decaying florals resting on, or near, a gasket. Does it sound crazy? I'll bet it does, but I deliberately wore this frequently and get the same impression each and every time.

As I wear 1804 for the final time, I once again get the exact same accord in the opening and it has commendable longevity as it has in the previous sample wears. I have no other way to describe what it is I'm smelling. It's as if pineapple chunks are placed on top of a rubber mat near a discarded bouquet.

I wanted to like 1804 George Sand, but this opening and heart are making it extremely difficult. It's not unpleasant, but I have no wish to smell like this; especially for such a long period. I might be able to tolerate it better if it transitioned quickly, but it takes an epoch on my skin to get to the base and drydown.

The finish of 1804 George Sand is a different story altogether. This fragrance does a complete 180 degree turn for the better once it changes. There may be those who like the opening and heart and perceive it differently than I. For those that do, 1804 must be a terrific scent through all stages of development.

The oriental drydown is right up my alley. The resin, wood and vanilla not only smell delicious, but possess a satisfying richness and longevity. I'm actually in awe due to how this switches tracks. It takes quite awhile, but it's extremely pleasing when it does.

Sillage is good and longevity is 5 hours plus on my skin easily. A big neutral rating from Aromi for 1804 George Sand. If only the beginning turned me on like the ending........................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited