Edition Rare Rosam by Histoires de Parfums

Rose Petals, Citrus.
Saffron, Incense, Rose Absolute.
Amber, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Oud.

The very first thing I took notice of after wearing Rosam was its similarities to Czech & Speake's Dark Rose. The differences are very slight and I've found Rosam's drydown to reveal a softer finish due to how the amber is tuned.

With that said, Rosam is very nice and every bit as good as Dark Rose. Rosam is more about Rose and Saffron than it is oud on my skin. The "oud" is suggested more than implemented. Like Dark Rose and numerous Montale's, the "oud" in Rosam will be very recognizable to those who have been testing these waters the past few years.

I own Dark Rose because it performs well on me. Rosam is like it's identical twin and it would be redundant for me to own both. Even identical twins have subtle differences that are evident to those familiar with them. After a side by side comparison, that tiny difference in their drydowns is enough for me to give a slight edge to Rosam.

All stages of Rosam are devoted to a spicy saffron and rose partnership. The rose is deep, dark and more masculine than your standard "shared" version, but like all other fragrances, it could very well work on anyone. There is a bit of smokiness to Rosam, but it's passive and ( at least on me ) not your conventional development of incense. Rosam evolves a woodiness with resins to compliment the rose and saffron.

Sillage is good and longevity is approximately 5 hours on me. If I hadn't purchased Dark Rose, I would pull the trigger on Rosam simply because the drydown is just a bit more to my liking. Thumbs up from Aromi for Rosam by Histoires de Parfums.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Silver by Etienne Aigner