Amazingreen by Comme des Garcons

Palm Tree Leaves, Green Pepper, Dew Mist, Jungle Leaves, Ivy Leaves, Orris Roots, Coriander Seeds, Silex, Gunpowder Accord, Vetiver, White Smoke, Musk.

What disappointed opinions I've read so far on Amazingreen. Most lament the missing edginess and risk usually associated with this house. While it's true that Amazingreen is fairly mainstream in spite of the listed accords, it's no crime for a daring house to release something embraceable by the masses. This doesn't mean they are conforming. In fact, this release is rather erratic and dangerous, considering their previous efforts. Things sometimes come full circle and in this case, it seems to have garnered negative reception from fans of Comme des Garcons.

People have used extremely descriptive language while describing Amazingreen. I found them to be entertaining reads, but in truth, I find this fragrance to be more bland than anything. That doesn't mean I don't like it or enjoy the wearings. Un-arousing is accurate in my case, but not unpleasant.

So, now that my indifference to this scent is on record, what is good about it? Manifold things for starters. I realize a smooth, mentholated earth accord with a mineral quality. It does contain a moist aspect during the opening, but that dissipates rather quickly on my skin and simply goes on its merry way to evolve a drier texture.

The celebrated Gunpowder accord is missing in action on my skin, as is the White Smoke. The rendition of Pepper however is quite good. While continually sniffing Amazingreen, I notice a tingly sensation around my mouth, bordering on numbness. It's subtle and weirdly enjoyable.

For the most part, this is a linear fragrance. The volume and presence change more in comparison to any accord transitions. What I do notice as the wearings ensue is the emergence of soft floral tones. They seem to gain some momentum once the base and drydown stages arrive.

So, is Amazingreen amazing? Um, no....it is not, but it has merit and wears rather comfortably. A Comme des Garcons that wears comfortably? Yes indeed: no edges, risks or polarization to be found here. Sillage is average as is longevity. Neutral rating ( with a smile ) from Aromi for Comme des Garcons Amazingreen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited