Melograno by Santa Maria Novella

Bergamot, Orange Cyclamen, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Pomegranate, Iris Root, Cedar, Vetiver, Fern, Moss, Tobacco, Hawthorn, Labdanum, Patchouli, Opoponax, Amber, Vanilla.

One thing I can say for certain, regarding this house, is that they make for some strong Eau de Colognes. Their offerings in this format retain more strength and presence than most Eau de Toilettes I sample. That's a terrific quality if the scent is enjoyable and understandably not so good if the fragrance doesn't float your boat. Melograno by S.M.N has me caught in the middle. I don't like it in the conventional sense, but I can't dismiss it either. It's strangely captivating, but it's not necessarily in my wheelhouse for regular wearing.

I'll begin by stating I experience no pomegranate as I know it. Truthfully, I care not about that as I don't believe a more "evident" rendition would make me love this fragrance. Melograno is Old School done very well, yet as much as I love some classics, this seems to be missing that certain something that makes me get off the fence. I also find the opening and heart much more masculine than expected. The base and drydown afford a more "shared" feel once they commence, but the totality of Melograno ( to me ) is geared more for men.

Melograno reminds me of a scent I would opt to wear in the cool, fall weather. It possesses citrus, florals and earth tones jockeying for position during its opening and heart accord. In actuality, this fragrance is a good representation of what's listed in the accords as undertones of wood, green and the suggestion of tobacco are all represented as Melograno heads into the base and drydown.

This potpourri of aroma dissipates just enough after 30 minutes to permit the entrance of a soft, oriental finish. Even after this has been on my skin for over 30 minutes, I still feel this is a masculine scent. I still cannot love this, but I suppose respect is as good as it's going to get.

Sillage is good with longevity being impressive for an EDC. This is easily detected 6 hours later. Neutral rating from Aromi for Santa Maria Novella's Melograno. A sample wear is highly recommended as I find this leans very retro in its own way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited