The Infidels by Agonist


Pepper, Lemon, Clove, Elemi.
May Rose, Turkish Rose, Iris, Magnolia, Ylang-Ylang, Myrrh, Opoponax.
Patchouli, Amber, Labdanum, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Vanilla.

Super niche can be an enjoyable discovery or nothing more than a pain in the ass. The Infidels by Agonist seems to embody both characteristics for me. I'm inclined to believe ( after sampling their recent releases ) that this particular house is geared for those who give no regard whatsoever to cost.

There's no crime in that and most of us only wish we had that problem. However, people who research fragrances, by perusing sites like this, do have some semblance of financial protocol. Being careful and prudent with your money is also not a crime, so sampling and researching before pulling the trigger seems the most sensible approach.

I've read numerous opinions on The Infidels after I had a few sample wearings under my belt. I am not enamored like quite a few others, but do concede that The Infidels possesses a supple tenaciousness in its presence and longevity. The drawback for me, aside from price point, is the linearity from initial application to drydown.

What I may be chastised for the most, in this review, is the fact that I liken The Infidels to Balenciaga pour Femme. I challenge those who own vintage Balenciaga pour Homme to do a side by side and tell me that The Infidels doesn't wear like a softer, feminine version. It took me a few wearings ( and scrinching my eyebrows alot ) for me to realize that The Infidels is a doppleganger of a different gender.

This is dense and tenacious, sans the macho quality inherent in Balenciaga. It opens out of the bottle already transitioned and this is yet another trait in common. What transpires in the first minute is what you will experience the entire ride. Naturally, the passage of time will soften the presence, but the fullness remains for an extraordinary amount of time. Spicy Rose, Balsam, Smoke, Woods and Earth tones followed by a tranquil, oriental finish.

Price point aside, I'll give The Infidels a thumbs up because of how it wears and smells. The cost per ml. however is something entirely different. Sillage is very good with longevity hanging around until the next morning. A sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited